Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Helping Tween Girls Cope




If you have a tween girl, there is a lot of coping to do. We have found a series of books that help a young girl grow in her relationship in the Lord while understanding the changes that might be going on with her whole life. I wanted to share this series with you in case you and your daughters are looking for God's plan and purpose and struggling with finding and forming good relationships. I love the "Lily Series" from Nancy Rue. Part of the reason I love this series is that it protects the girl’s childhood as much as possible. Our kids are growing up so fast these days and one of the premises of Waldorf education is to try and preserve the childhood experience for as long as possible. For example, some aspects of war are not taught until well after concrete reasoning. Although these books are not written from that Waldorf perspective it does seem to fall in line with our values in this way. We love "The Body Book" and “The Beauty Book.” They talk about inner beauty and they both have a chapter about nutrition and exercise. And “The Virtues Book” and “The Buddy Book” both talk about relationships and attitude.

The books featured at the beginning of this post are available in my Amazon store at the bottom of this page or my homepage.

You may also want to read Cooking with Foods that Heal and Improving Self-Esteem with Adventure Play.
More About Me

Legal Disclaimer

While it is true that I am working on a PHD in Psychology and very smart and frugal, I am not a medical doctor, criminal, personal or accident lawyer. I do not sell insurance nor am I an accountant or mortgage advisor. While some of my posts may offer good ideas on home and business solutions, I am not personally responsible nor is Homeschool Arizona for any advice, ideas, recipes or menu plans that you decide to use. This blog is intended to be helpful and fun. Any products you purchase from my Amazon store or any other retailer advertised on my blog must be returned to them. Any sponsors or advertisers are independent of this blog.