Monday, July 29, 2013

Portfolio Assessment Grades

portfolio assessment
Sample Portfolio Assessment
Becky over at Organizing Made Fun recently asked her readers if they use binders to organize. I use binders at the end of every school year to organize our Portfolio Assessments. While I don't use standardized testing to assess my students progress, I do give them tests, report cards and a type of assessment. I do this both to track their progress for future college documentation purposes and so that they can have a sense of accomplishment at the end of each year.

report card
Sample Report Card
I start by tracking their grades on work completed through out the school year and random tests and quizzes that give. I also give them an end of year test in each subject and this grade is figured into their end of year grade as well. So in the left hand column I have a end of year grade for each subject based on progress and in the right hand column I have a grade based on actual work and test scores. I average these two grades together to get an end of year total.

Best Work
Include Their Best Work

I like to fill the book with their best work and I also have a sheet to track things like, My Favorite Field Trip, Favorite Bible Verse, What I Want to Be When I Grow Up and My Favorite Book This Year.

Portfolio Assessment
Add and About Me Page
You may also enjoy reading Should You Test Your Homeschooler.
More About Me

Legal Disclaimer

While it is true that I am working on a PHD in Psychology and very smart and frugal, I am not a medical doctor, criminal, personal or accident lawyer. I do not sell insurance nor am I an accountant or mortgage advisor. While some of my posts may offer good ideas on home and business solutions, I am not personally responsible nor is Homeschool Arizona for any advice, ideas, recipes or menu plans that you decide to use. This blog is intended to be helpful and fun. Any products you purchase from my Amazon store or any other retailer advertised on my blog must be returned to them. Any sponsors or advertisers are independent of this blog.