Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Fun Activities Using Color and Texture

 We seem to want to color everything right now! I have been through two boxes of food coloring and the summer isn't even half over! It is awesome to see my kids apply it in so many different ways and that is why we love project based learning!!! 
 
We have also been on a texture spree this summer. We have done everything from crush egg shells into texture muck (picked up over at Fairy Dust Teaching) to tie dying table clothes and t-shirts. 
 
We also made a tie dyed cake. It was simple: white cake mix divided in equal parts add food color to each bowl, layer and gently swirl! You can pick up everything you need for tie dying at Walmart for under $20. The texture muck was simple, we mixed glue, glitter, rice, food color, and crushed egg shells. Paint the canvas first and add the muck after it dries.
 

 
We made sidewalk paint from a simple mixture of one part flour, one part water and food coloring. We made it in a muffin tin and used a medium size brush to beautify the sidewalk and driveway.
 
 
Finally, we played around with our own version of Phoenix Street Art ideas by spray painting an old piece of green board found in the backyard.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About Me

Legal Disclaimer

While it is true that I am working on a PHD in Psychology and very smart and frugal, I am not a medical doctor, criminal, personal or accident lawyer. I do not sell insurance nor am I an accountant or mortgage advisor. While some of my posts may offer good ideas on home and business solutions, I am not personally responsible nor is Homeschool Arizona for any advice, ideas, recipes or menu plans that you decide to use. This blog is intended to be helpful and fun. Any products you purchase from my Amazon store or any other retailer advertised on my blog must be returned to them. Any sponsors or advertisers are independent of this blog.