Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mobile School Baskets

car baskets
I found this idea over at Counting Coconuts and snatched it right up. Thanks Counting Coconuts! We discovered the pleasure of taking school on #field trips last spring when we were trying to survive the noise from a construction site next door. Now, it is kind of part of our routine.

I have found that my children do much of their best reading, math and sometimes science in the car or just before bed when they are playing with dolls or teddy bears. Keeping in mind that we didn't want to move all of our workbooks to the car, I found baskets with handles so that they can be carried to and from the car.

Our baskets are stocked with:

car snack bag
  • Age appropriate workbooks
  • Pencils and erasers
  • Lite snacks
  • Easy reads
  • Flashcards for my daughter
  • And "eye spy" site words for my son
  • One soft car toy
  • A pocket calculator to encourage math play

I organized all the small stuff in this red pocket pouch and they are responsible for restocking any snacks. I am trying to train them to pack lunches and stock snacks as a way of teaching them how to make healthy food choices. For older children you could also keep a library card in the pouch so that it is readily accessible.

You may also want to read about Choosing a Homeschool Curriculum.

More About Me

Legal Disclaimer

While it is true that I am working on a PHD in Psychology and very smart and frugal, I am not a medical doctor, criminal, personal or accident lawyer. I do not sell insurance nor am I an accountant or mortgage advisor. While some of my posts may offer good ideas on home and business solutions, I am not personally responsible nor is Homeschool Arizona for any advice, ideas, recipes or menu plans that you decide to use. This blog is intended to be helpful and fun. Any products you purchase from my Amazon store or any other retailer advertised on my blog must be returned to them. Any sponsors or advertisers are independent of this blog.